Welcome to the Theta Network Q1 2021 Hackathon!
Build your submission to expand the use cases, functionality, and usability of the Theta protocol. Example projects to include:
- Video platform integrations with the Theta blockchain
- Smart contract-based Dapps, new tokens, and NFTs built on Theta blockchain (NFT functionality projected to go live February 2021)
- Analytical and monitoring tools for Theta blockchain transactions, nodes, and block production
- Community-run block explorers, wallets, and Guardian Node staking tools
- Extensions of Theta products like the Theta Edge Node, such as databases or platforms cataloguing user-produced video streams
This list is not meant to be all-inclusive - we encourage projects outside of the example provided as long as they add to the Theta ecosystem! To learn more about what can potentially be built on Theta, please visit the Theta Documentation Site, and click here for more Hackthon resources.
$85,000 in prizes
Theta Tokens (THETA) equal in value to $50,000 USD
Theta Tokens (THETA) equal in value to $25,000 USD
Theta Tokens (THETA) equal in value to $10,000 USD
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Teams of up to five may enter one (1) submission between 09:00 am PT on January 18, 2021 and 5:00 pm PT on April 23, 2021.
The contest is open to individuals that are over the age of 18 prior to the Contest Entry Period. Residents of any country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize in the Hackathon (including, but not limited to, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control) are not eligible.
Your submission can be a standalone app (front end + back end), SDK to be used with the Theta protocol, or web integration of Theta protocol. An end-to-end working product must be submitted to be eligible to win contest prizes.
Projects created prior to the Contest Entry Period are allowed, but it must be noted and explained what work was completed prior to the Contest Entry Period. For purposes of judging and awarding prizes, only work completed during the Contest Entry Period will be considered.
Submit your project with the following information:
- Name, age, and place of residency for each team member;
- Email address for each team member
CEO, Theta Labs
CTO, Theta Labs
Selection of Contest Winners
Judging Period: 09:00 am PT 4/26/2021 to 05:00 pm PT 4/30/2021. Winners will be announced at 05:00 pm PT on 4/30/2021. Submissions will be evaluated based on: Value to the Theta ecosystem – 40% Execution and readiness - 40% Project innovation – 20%